Cold Pizza

So my husband thinks this behavior of mine is so disgusting and weird, but I like cold food. We playfully joke about it often because it doesn't bother me...  It took some self-reflecting and opening of locked doors to finally realize why. Are you ready?

My mom never had food at her house because she would sell her food stamps. My mom got food stamps but the fridge was only full once a month if even that. My grandmother always had food but she reserved it for her favorites. I was clearly not one of her favorites. I was the one nobody wanted and was often forgotten. Anywho, I wasn't allowed to go in the fridge at all. Of course I would sneak in when she was sleeping because I was starving. Guess what, I always ate the cold food straight from her fridge. It's funny how that behavior manifests itself in my life today. I like warm food better, but I don't mind eating it if it's cold.

Comments

Popular Posts