System failure

One sentence was all it took to cause the past to come rushing back to choke me. It came in and surrounded me inch by inch - slowly at first until all I could see in front of me was its debilitating aura. No matter what way I tried to turn my head, it was there, circling me until I couldn't move. It paralyzing my limbs as it expanded. As it wrapped around my face, my sight started to fail, a bad taste filled my mouth and then my nostrils, lastly taking with it my ability to hear. The sound of silence became so frightening that anxiety also decided to wrap around my neck to finish me off. Suddenly, the smoke started to thin in some places. I started to get all my senses back and as I blinked and opened my eyes, all I could see was him. If you have someone who is there for you and helps you to get through the tough minutes, days, hours, weeks, months, and years. Hold on to them and don't let go. Tell them how much you appreciate them.

Comments

Popular Posts